|back to NOTES
September 8, 1999
7:45 p.m. 9:30 p.m.
Attendees: Mr. Steve Lambert (Co-chairman), Ms. Mindy Lambert (Co-chairman, note taker), Mr. Dorn Crawford, Mr. Carl Goodman, Ms. Pam Schott (Mo Better)
Meeting was called to order at 7:45 PM.
Committee members read and approved the agenda for the evenings meeting.
The meeting began with the designation of Ms. Mindy Lambert as note taker.
Ms. Pam Schott of Mo Better Marketing began by discussing issues Mo Better has been working on.
1. Mo Better is scheduling national and local media contacts for two weeks prior to the October 15th meeting.
2. TARC is getting ready to celebrate their 25th anniversary. Mo Better is preparing an eight-page stand-alone insert for the Courier Journal for an October 8th release and wondered if the NCSG would like to advertise in it. It would be a 4 color process, 1/4 1/2 page ad covering 6 counties in the airport area.
Unanimous vote of approval by the committee members for Mo Better to run the ad, as well as going ahead with the scheduled classified ads per the contract.
3. Regarding the Media Packet development, it was approved by committee members to go ahead and include the following items in packet (scheduled to be completed by October 1, 1999:
a. News Releases
b. Noise Complaint messages/letters
c. Open Letter from the PI Committee
d. "Did You Know
" information sheet (i.e., Environmental issues)
e. Solicit citizen input and involvement/participation sheet
f. Latest issue of "The Noise Guardian" newsletter
4. Continued discussion of a Letter to the Editor to be submitted to the Courier Journal by the PI Committee. Mr. Steve Lambert to work on a draft. Also discussed that it would be good if other committee chairs would submit Letters to C-J in the future to bring attention of the importance of the airport issues.
5. Discussion of the possibility of PSA billboard advertising. Cost of $3,000 in production and placement confirmed. Committee members felt the money could be used in other more effective ways of advertising to reach a greater audience.
6. Reviewed final draft of brochure, developed by Mo Better. Unanimous approval of its content from the PI Committee members.
7. Review of website activities by Mo Better. Posted September 8, 1999: Glossary of Terms, August 1999 complaints, New Charter and technical issues has their own section.
Committee members discussed the possibility of having a booth at St. James Art Festival in October. Ms. Andrea Pecchioni researching space availability. She was unable to attend. Will follow up via email. It was brought up that if booth is available, a recommendation for items needed will have to be developed and presented to Mr. Bob Brown. Would like the booth to be a representation of the NCSG, not the RAA.
Members discussed the recommendation of an Airport Noise Officer proposal from the PI Committee. Mr. Dorn Crawford developed a draft of the officers responsibilities, which was handed out to attending members. Will review and finalize a copy by the next meeting.
Mr. Steve Lambert brought up the issue of a "rumor" that World News Tonight with Peter Jennings was to visit the Louisville area in regards to the airport relocation project. Ms. Schott to research the issue and its status. Will email with results before next scheduled meeting.
Finally, a reminder from Mr. Dorn Crawford of a memo from Mr. Bill Simpson asking each committee to prioritize a list of aircraft noise issues to be presented and discussed at a meeting with the consultant to be scheduled. Asked that members review them over the next week for further discussion.
The next PI Committee meeting is scheduled for October 6, 1999, 7:00 PM 9:00 PM at Mo Better Marketing offices in Louisville.
Meeting adjourned at 9:30 PM.