|STUDY GROUP COMMITTEES
Recommendations for Noise Abatement Measures
Sensitive Facilities Committee
|go to Study Group Menu||1. Eliminate Visual Approaches and Adhere to Approved Flight Tracks
Reduces random and expansive flight patterns
2. Establish flight patterns that restrict take offs and landings only to and from the south
Except in unsafe weather conditions
3. Increase retention time of ARTS data
Simplify future public 150 studies
4. Creation of a Public Noise Forum and an RAA Noise Office
Able to review data from ARTS and other noise abatement issues to implement/monitor/correct suggested abatement
5. Utilize the latest acoustical shielding and soundproofing
Will meet or exceed FAA requirements concerning repair and testing facilities.
6. A cap on any future airport expansions and developments that create new noise above the 65 ldn
Mitigation is completed prior to the implementation of new additions when they reach or exceed 65 ldn
7. Special request that ARTS be maintained starting February 1, 2000.
For monitoring any aircraft usage that may not be FAA Stage III compliant.
8. Approved noise abatement must be compliant in a timely fashion
Time to be appropriately set by the study group as a 150 study recommendation